The Ponte Rosso was founded by Orlando Consonni in 1955 and starts its activities as an art publishing house. In 1973 Nanda and Orlando Consonni open the Art Gallery in Via Brera 2, Milan. The gallery presents four generations of italian artists and their works are classified as belonging to the following artistic movements: Scuola di Burano (School of Burano); Novecento ( Twentieth Century ); Chiarismo Lombardo ( Lombard Plein Air ); Post Impressionismo ; Realismo ; Naturalismo Padano ( Naturalism of the area around Lombardy and Venice ).
From 1973 to today exhibition activities have been confirmed by 250 catalogs and almost one hundred monographs. In 1995 Ponte Rosso Art Gallery started offering a biennial prize to young painters in memory of Carlo Dalla Zorza: The CDZ Prize.